Sunday, November 4, 2012

October

October was a pretty busy month...

First of all we moved (completely in ONE day might I add) from South Carolina to Virginia. It actually wasn't as terrible as I had imagined. Girls were great and equally were the dogs. So, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Virginia, at first, was frightening  Just SO much all around and really a lot to take in but, after a few days, it was all okay again. And, I really should say that Norfolk was just a lot to take in and I suppose anywhere new can bring up different feelings... Anyway, I am LOVING it here. We have some truly amazing neighbors, we live in a beautiful house, and it seems pretty ideal for our little family so it is definitely a WIN!


After we all got a bit settled in it was time to have a little fun. Our first adventure was with an AMAZING couple and it was simply stunning. We visited a beautiful garden and it was a complete blast, butterflies and all. I didn't really get any amazing photos but I'll have to see if I can post some that were sent to me. Truly beautiful. Our second outing was to the zoo and it was.. a little underwhelming. They were doing construction so many of the animals were in hiding but it was still a very nice day in all. Since then, we have gone again and it was about the same experience but with 31,631,979,416 people (yes, exaggeration at its best but it really was A WHOLE LOT of people) due to it being military appreciation day put on by the USO.


Troy then checked in to the command. His boat is currently away so he has really done, well, not much except the exhausting process of checking in to EVERYTHING. The boat should be back soon so we should have more in that department shortly but for now he is starting a new training program tomorrow. Good news is they should not be doing another deployment for a while so that is a bit exciting. Also, Christmas stand down is coming up soon. Woot!

Halloween 2012 was great! We had a beautiful Tinkerbelle and a super cute elephant. Both enjoyed going out with their new friends to collect candy and also playing around at the pumpkin patch. Definitely a fun time for the family and we are very much looking forward to Thanksgiving... Well, at least I am. ; )


Now, the most exciting news... I am going to be a surrogate! Gestational Carrier to be exact but I could not be more excited or thrilled. Most don't know but it has been something I wanted to do for 3 years now. Troy and I wanted to wait until it was the right time for our family and well, that time is now! While I was waiting on Troy and still in South Carolina I was looking up Virginia's laws and I stumbled on a wonderful woman's blog. Happy that she had it all laid out and easy to find/understand, I wanted to thank her. I mean, I was looking around for HOURS for the info. that she had neatly arranged. I found her on Facebook and was sad to then see that the surrogate she was working with had backed down. Troy and I both read more of her blog and her overall story that night. SUCH A STRONG WOMAN!!! Oh my goodness I could not tell you how many times I was in tears. Anyway, I wrote her to thank her and to also keep hope. I told her that I was just looking into becoming a surrogate, I read her story, and I would like to help if she was still looking. I The next morning I got a response! Oh my goodness... It was so exciting. Troy and I then discussed everything and we both agreed that everything about the situation and time was perfect. Since then this lovely lady and I have talked every few days and she has become an amazing friend. We could not have been more lucky to have found her. We are on the same page about most everything and have so many similarities, REALLY could not have found a better woman (and couple) to go on this journey with.

On that note, we have started fulfilling Virginia's requirements. This includes getting the approval of a psychologist which has been proven to be a little tougher then it sounds but, it is coming along. By the end of this month we should be on to the next chapter so please keep us all in your thoughts and keep your fingers crossed that everything else goes smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to VA, we've only been here a month or so longer than you. And most of all welcome to the sisterhood of Surrogacy. I am here if you need anything, from help with meds, emotional issues, etc.

    ReplyDelete